The company’s portfolio includes many of the world’s most respected and influential media properties, including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Self, GQ, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler/Traveller, Allure, AD, Bon Appétit and Wired, among others. Condé Nast Entertainment (CNE) is our award-winning production and distribution studio that launched in 2011. It extends the company’s reach through the development of original content across film, television, social and digital video, and virtual reality.
Our colleagues and collaborators bring big ideas to life, intelligent storytelling with a diverse point of view underscores everything we do. Each month our video content generates more than 1 billion views. We reach 88 million consumers in print, 427 million in digital, and 423 million across social platforms.
In addition to the editorial content of the highest standards for which we are known, we also produce globally recognized experiences and events; including the Metropolitan Museum of Arts Costume Institute Gala, the Condé Nast Luxury Conference, The New Yorker Festival, the Vanity Fair New Establishment Summit, Wired Next Fest Italy, GQ Men of the Year, the GQ Suit Walk Taiwan, Glamour Shopping Week, and Vogue Forces of Fashion.
Vogue is the most influential fashion magazine in Japan, and launched in 1999. Covering everything from the latest looks in fashion and beauty to breaking cultural and social trends, it is recognized for its distinctive perspective and stunning visuals. Vogue Japan is renowned as a multimedia brand communicating with its audience through a monthly magazine, website, mobile apps and SMS.
- Content Lead, Vogue Japan
- The Role
Conde Nast is seeking Content Lead, Vogue Japan. The role will be responsible for planning and executing content strategies for Japan to drive editorial excellence, audience growth and revenue, contributing ideas for global editorial projects, and bringing regional expertise to global audience and revenue opportunities. The Content Lead will also help drive the digital KPIs for Vogue Japan.
The content lead is a public-facing role and a brand representative at Vogue’s flagship events, as well as client events and fashion shows.
The Content Lead will be responsible for overseeing all content produced and should have extensive experience across all platforms, including digital, print, and social, as well as experience shaping and leading teams with diverse backgrounds.
The right candidate will also have an interest in helping to develop and spotlight the next generation of fashion designers both within Japan as well as on the world stage. The Content Lead is expected to work with Conde Nast colleagues across the world on shared initiatives that elevate brand Vogue globally.
• Provide vision and leadership to the editorial staff, ensuring the brand voice, tone, visuals, and messaging is on point
• Work closely with Vogue global leadership to align and execute global strategy within Japan
• Contribute story, talent, and strategic ideas to all global editorial projects, including content shared across print editions and the digital network
• Set and oversee Vogue Japan’s digital editorial direction and strategy across site, social and video (aligned with overall global priorities) to grow audience and drive digital revenue
• Oversee the Vogue Japan print edition, commissioning local content, adapting global content and customising the line-up
• Oversee content production on all channels and platforms while maintaining the highest quality journalism
• Work closely with Director of Operations and/or Digital Director to implement digital and social best practices
• Partner closely with Conde Nast Entertainment to implement to implement video best practices
• Work closely with Editorial Operations team to plan and manage editorial content budgets for print, and editorial content efficiencies for digital, video, and social
• Recruit a best-in-class editorial team, foster a collaborative and inclusive environment
• Cultivate storytelling and internal talent to drive growth and engagement across all platforms
• Assign and commission to writers, photographers, and other contributors; provide feedback on all content and creative, top-editing manuscripts as needed
• Work in partnership with the Condé Nast leadership team to produce a product that meets all the Condé Nast standards and expectations
• Work with the marketing and consumer revenue team to explore and develop print and digital subscription and memberships strategies
• Collaborate with the commercial teams to maintain existing business relationships, establish and cultivate new clients, and produce branded content projects
• Continue to build event strategy in collaboration with the business side to ideate and execute original, brand-appropriate events.
• Act as in-market brand ambassador, hosting consumer and client interactions
• Help to develop and spotlight the next generation of fashion designers both within Japan as well as on the world stage
- Skills & Qualifications:
• Significant experience leading teams in digital, video, and print media
• Demonstrated experience in building a culture of trust and cohesion among the team
• Demonstrated passion, taste, curiosity, and conviction to set trends and work with up and coming talent, while presenting a unique point of view
• Robust network of contacts, established relationships with celebrities, and a deep understanding of fashion through the lens of culture
• Demonstrated success in producing culturally relevant and exceptional content in a multi-channel environment
• Demonstrated history of an innovative approach to using digital tools
• A deep love and knowledge for fashion and the way it reflects our culture
• Strong understanding of digital platforms, social media, online publishing; data literacy
• Deep understanding of digital consumer trends
• High energy, curiosity and passion, with wide interests from fashion to art to film to sports
• Japanese / English language proficiency
- Conde Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.
Permanent employee (with a probation period of 6 months)
including social insurance payments and transportation expenses
2 days a week (Saturday and Sunday), public holidays and New Year holidays
- 〒150-0002 Osuga Bldg., 2-11-8 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Japan
(10 minutes’ walk from Shibuya Station or Omotesando Station)
- Please send the resume in English and apply from here