- Senior Adaptation Editor
• The Senior Adaptation Editor will work closely with the regional Content Manager in selecting and localizing global, syndicatable content, perpetually striving for GQ and WIRED to be producing world-class central journalism in Japanese, placing a premium on efficiency and quality.
• They will line-manage the local team of Adaptation Editors responsible for translating and adapting English-language content across digital and print into elevated, editorialised Japanese copy that remains faithful to Japan VOGUE, GQ and WIRED signature tone.
• They will help ensure transcreated copy has been culturally adapted and tailored in such a way that regional sensitivities, traditions, customs, as well as consumer behaviours are placed front and center, while ensuring key brand tone is retained.
• With the help of the Adaptation Editors, they will compile and update an in-house style guide for the Japanese market on an ongoing basis.
• They will help ensure transcreated content is highly-searchable via SEO best practices.
- ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
• Mother tongue Japanese and working-proficiency English speaker
• Experience in line-managing a team
• Meticulous attention to detail, strong editorial transcreation and sub-editing skills
• Copywriting experience within the fashion industry or a related industry
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Diplomatic approach towards multi-market communication
• Awareness of regional developments and cultural shifts in current affairs, journalistic style, and style reportage
• Ability to delegate a high workload and work to stringent deadlines
• Flexibility during high-volume periods such as fashion month
• An understanding of translations management systems (TMS) and linguistic automation is a plus
- Employment status
Permanent employee (with a probation period of 6 months)
including social insurance payments and transportation expenses
2 days a week (Saturday and Sunday), public holidays and New Year holidays
- 〒150-0002 Osuga Bldg., 2-11-8 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Japan
(10 minutes’ walk from Shibuya Station or Omotesando Station)
- Please send the resume in English and apply from here