Condé Nast has operations in America, Europe, South America and Asia. There are long-established operations in major Indian cities such as Mumbai and Chennai across many business areas.
The company is undertaking the biggest transformation in its history, driving towards expanding both its operations and its reach through diversifying the digital business models for our brands. Major areas of focus will include video and streaming platforms, increasing subscriptions and memberships, growing our events business, and ensuring we maintain a high level of standard on the products we are already proud of delivering to our customers. Migrating and consolidating to a more centralised set of technologies and capabilities that can be easily leveraged by any brand or product experience is also a top business priority.
- Job Title：Senior Business Relationship Manager, Global Product & Technology, Japan
Department：Technology Business Management, Conde Nast Japan
- The Role
We are looking for a Business Relationship Manager to act as the liaison between the Global Product and Technology team and other business units across our Japanese Markets inclusive of editorial, commercial, marketing, HR and Finance .This key role will help bridge and integrate Product & Technology (IT) into the organization by fostering inter-departmental communication and collaboration in service of business goals. As departments increasingly rely on technology, this key role will provide transparency and stronger communication between Global Product & Technology and the local business.
As a BRM, you will need a deep understanding of the Global Product & Technology organisation, but you will also need the skills to effectively communicate with multiple business units and to understand their technology needs. You will be a main point of contact and interface between GPT, HR, finance, marketing, editorial, marketing and other departments that rely heavily on technology for daily business.
You will work closely with business stakeholders, product and engineering teams to help achieve the shared mission to scale and globalise our product and technology platforms. This includes focusing on the products, platforms and services required by the market team. Your work will drive the future of Condé Nast’s digital strategy in today’s publishing market and reach our millions of readers around the world.
Who you are
As a Business Relationship Manager, you will be tasked with bridging the relationship between Global Product & Technology and other business units in the local market. You will ensure our strategy and roadmaps for products, platforms and services are communicated to the local market, while simultaneously representing local market needs into the GPT organization. You will foster communication and break down silos. You will have a strong business acumen coupled with a detailed understanding of IT. You will specialise in empathising, interpreting and aligning around respective needs, and managing communication around outcomes and expectations.
• As the primary day to day contact for Global Product & Technology, you will foster and nurture relationships by becoming a trusted advisor; a product and technology evangelist, providing feedback including enhancements, feature requests, and potential solutions to our product and technology development teams.
• You will manage demand in-take from the local market for product & technology needs and present those to the GPT and Europe leadership teams. This is inclusive of business case development, strategic planning across 1 and 3 year horizons, goal and roadmap alignment with regular interlocks to confirm delivery milestones and benefit realization
• Through meeting facilitation and regular communications you will ensure that timelines and deliverable expectations are aligned across all stakeholders and the GPT delivery teams.
• As product & technology Subject Matter Expert in-market you will reduce time-to-value by providing a smooth onboarding process to new features, functionalities, and platform tools that ensure local business stakeholders realise value quickly.
• You will develop both a strategic, and granular understanding of product and technology needs in market, and align those to the GPT-wide Product and Technology target-state Product, systems and tools plans. You will ensure that local market product & technology KPI’s are tracked and managed, and product or brand specific KPIs are aligned with Condé Nast’s long term goals and are being met and/or exceeded on a consistent basis.
• In partnership with data, audience, marketing and commercial teams you will define and manage operational metrics and establish a system for tracking said metrics, and ensuring consistent reporting to brands.
• You will build positive engagement with the Global Product & Technology organization at the local market level, developing community initiatives designed to create connections within Condé Nast, including across Product & Technology, overseeing events (champion’s meet-up), celebrating successes, and encouraging an environment of best practice and knowledge sharing.
• You will demonstrate an ability to think critically, solve complex problems and negotiate diplomatically and fairly with a range of stakeholders from across the European region, local market and GPT teams.
• You will manage escalations from either local market or GPT, and follow a methodical escalation process to senior leadership.
• As a key stakeholder, you will advocate for changes in other departments’ ways of working and collaborate with them to implement those.
• Work with our Global Support Organization to refine processes to flag and resolve requests by Japanese based brands - bugs and product requests and nice to haves.
As a teammate, you’re a solid contributor and an enthusiastic collaborator with the product & technology, editorial and sales teams.
• Pursue a collaborative approach to problem-solving and organisational alignment.
• Identify opportunities and deliver solutions to scale or otherwise improve Condé Nast’s product, design and technology operations.
• Develop a thorough understanding of market needs and how they use existing products in order to share best practices with both other BRMs, Product & Technology leadership and local Market stakeholders.
- Minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Proven experience of Product, IT, Editorial, Customer Success or Partnerships , ideally at a Media or SaaS company
• Ability to build consultative relationships with members of Editorial, Sales, Product, Engineering and the wider business teams.
• Desire to contribute to the future of journalism and media
• Strategic thinking
• Assertiveness and diplomacy
• Strong communication skills
• Highly skilled negotiating and problem-solving skills
• Leadership skills
• Ability to be collaborative and to encourage collaboration
• Ability to focus on business value results instead of solutions
• Ability to positively influence others and to break down organizational silos
• Strong writing, speaking and presenting skills
• Strong understanding of Digital Product, IT, HR and finance
• Strong English language skills and Japanese languages highly desirable
- Employment status
Permanent employee (with a probation period of 6 months)
including social insurance payments and transportation expenses
2 days a week (Saturday and Sunday), public holidays and New Year holidays
- 〒150-0002 Osuga Bldg., 2-11-8 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Japan
(10 minutes’ walk from Shibuya Station or Omotesando Station)
- Please send the resume in English and apply from here