- Position：Adaptation Editor（VOGUE） Department：Editorial
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
• The Adaptation Editor will translate and adapt English-language content across digital and print into elevated, editorialised Japanese copy across our brands.
• Work closely with the Senior Adaptation Editor and the Global Content Manager to perpetually strive for Condé Nast to be producing world-class central journalism in Japan, placing a premium on efficiency and quality.
• Culturally adapt and tailor target copy in such a way as to allow for regional sensitivities, traditions, customs, as well as consumer behaviours, while retaining key brand tone.
• Help compile and update an in-house style guide for Japan on an ongoing basis.
• Create and adapt multilingual search engine optimisation (SEO) to ensure content is highly searchable. Knowledge of SEO best-practice and how to successfully implement keywords to drive organic traffic for the APAC region is a plus.
- ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
• Mother tongue Japanese and working-proficiency English speaker
• Other language translation combinations are a plus
• Subject matter expertise around fashion and lifestyle within digital and print
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Copywriting experience within the fashion industry or a related industry
• Strong editorial transcreation and editing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Awareness of regional developments and cultural shifts in current affairs, journalistic style, and style reportage
• Ability to work to stringent deadlines
• Flexibility during high-volume periods such as fashion month
- Employment status
Permanent employee (with a probation period of 6 months)
including social insurance payments and transportation expenses
2 days a week (Saturday and Sunday), public holidays and New Year holidays
- 〒150-0002 Osuga Bldg., 2-11-8 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Japan
(10 minutes’ walk from Shibuya Station or Omotesando Station)
- Please send the resume in English and apply from here