- Department：Audience Development & Analytics
Position：デジタルマーケティングマネジャー/Digital Marketing Manager‗Audience Development Lead for VOGUE Girl
The Digital Marketing Manager for Vogue Girl oversees and implements the audience growth and content distribution strategy that extends the reach and amplification of content, particularly across social, SEO, email, partnerships and other multi-platform channels.
This person ensures that edit teams deliver the audience that the business needs, so that Vogue retains its leadership position in a competitive landscape.
This person grows audiences – to our websites, to social, to video, audio and newsletters – and ensures they are the 'right' audiences so that consumer and commercial revenue teams can deliver against their targets and ambitions.
This person will be embedded with the Vogue Girl editors and writers. They will sit alongside editors and be pivotal to enabling the success of the newly evolved teams.
The Digital Marketing Manager manages the Social Media Lead for Vogue Girl.
The ideal candidate has experience partnering with Edit, Product, Data and Commercial. They will be a clear communicator and show sound judgment.
Goals and structure:
The team’s role is to bring the right audiences to Vogue Girl, and ensure engagement and return visits. This provides ‘top-of-the-funnel’ for the Global Marketing and Consumer Revenue team. A goal is to increase audience and reader revenue through subscriptions, events, commerce and other activities. The Digital Marketing Manager for Vogue Girl is a key role in the process of building and engaging audiences.
• Grow and develop Vogue Girl’s audiences to enable us to achieve our commercial and consumer revenue ambitions.
• Manage and mentor the Social Media Lead for Vogue Girl
• Work to KPIs, set and manage targets and ensure goals are met.
• Guide editors on story outputs and create feedback loops
• Provide actionable insights to content teams daily, monthly and quarterly so Editors understand what’s resonating – and what’s not resonating
• Work with the global SEO team to guide SEO evergreen updates, SEO cleanups and redirects
• Work with the SEO team to maintain day-to-day SEO best practices in conjunction with the editorial teams
• Guide syndications – based on performance in other markets
• Manage the distribution strategy for newsletters. Work with the editorial team to guide daily newsletter content curation.
• Maintain consistent pitching schedule to internal and external partners and monitor performance to inform and tailor future partner pitches
• Test, develop, implement and share video viewing experiences, including intentional viewing on O&O channels and off-platform.
• Work with global counterparts to share learnings and best practice.
• Collaborate with teams working on consumer revenue initiatives (such as memberships, events, merch, commerce)
• Identify new content, platform and marketing opportunities based on emerging digital trends, competitive business intelligence and consumer insight.
- Preferred Skills:
• 3+ years of experience in the media and entertainment industry, digital advertising agency or online marketing, advertising, or publishing organization, with a thorough understanding of online business models and strategies.
• 1+ years of experience managing teams – or readiness to manage
• Inspirational and effective line management skills
• Audience development professional, with deep understanding of editorial SEO, social, newsletters, video and other platforms.
• Experience of working closely with Product, Editorial, Data and Commercial.
• Detailed knowledge a major web analytics tools such as Omniture or Google Analytics
• Deep understanding of social media channels, features, functionality and use cases
• Deep knowledge of SEO impact and best practices
• Experience with email/newsletter and segmentation strategies
• Experience in working on audience development strategies for video and audio
• Ability to clearly articulate and present to editorial colleagues and all levels of management
• Ability to navigate a complex and matrixed business
• Entrepreneurial, digitally savvy, with exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
• Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken) and strong in Japanese.
- Employment status
Permanent employee (with a probation period of 6 months)
including social insurance payments and transportation expenses
2 days a week (Saturday and Sunday), public holidays and New Year holidays
- 〒150-0002 Osuga Bldg., 2-11-8 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Japan
(10 minutes’ walk from Shibuya Station or Omotesando Station)
- Please send the resume in English and apply from here