Condé Nast Entertainment’s global digital video teams create premium video content showcasing Condé Nast’s iconic global brands. Delivering on average over 1 billion video views per month, the team currently produces 4,000+ digital videos per year in all genres including non-scripted, documentary, how-to, comedy, animation, scripted, branded, virtual reality and (live) event programming.
We are looking for a creative social video producer to drive the continued growth of Condé Nast Entertainment’s leading social video business, a primary function in our evolution into a 21st century world class entertainment company.
The Creative Producer, Social Video is charged with developing and executing a Social Originals video IP portfolio for our Conde Nast brands focused on content for Japanese audiences, with ambition for global appeal; on key global and local social platforms. The social video content will grow audiences, build brand tent poles, and/or be brought to market for branded content opportunities. This role is based in Tokyo and reports to the Head of Programming and Development, Japan CNE.
The ideal candidate works in a fast-paced, social-first world; is a self-starter, and has a passion for Conde Nast’s iconic brands and a visual and story-telling aesthetic that is aligned to our brands. This candidate also has a network of freelance social video development /directors / producers they can call on if needed for various projects.
This role will be tasked with ideating and taking a project from concept to final product, taking on light-lift productions shot natively on devices; and requires an individual with the ability to be scrappy while demonstrating clear attention to detail and brand quality. This will be achieved through collaborating with key editorial and audience development stakeholders to develop Originals to express the brand through video, running / executing productions, be on set for shoots when required, work with editors and creative teams to guide projects through post-production, if required.
The role will stay current on developing best practices for social video content and implementing best practices by platform across all our content. They will help optimize social content production and streamline brand communication for the Condé video portfolio.
- Department / Condé Nast Entertainment
Job Title /Creative Producer social video
- Primary Responsibilities
• Develop and create world-beating content and series for Condé Nast brands on key social platforms, including TikTok and Instagram Reels
• Collaborate on creative with brand editorial and creative teams, and audience development teams
• Use data to drive social video programming and view growth initiatives
• Manage production process including budget, location, and sourcing DPs, directors if required
• Flexible with working hours if events occur outside normal business hours
• Experiment and develop best original video formats for social platforms
• Develop and communicate workflows for social content production, working with CNE production teams and video operations
• Maintain excellent relationships with the Condé Nast brands and have an understanding of their voice, look and feel, and overall editorial strategy
- Desired Skills and Qualifications：
• 2+ years of experience with a digital publisher, fashion, entertainment or lifestyle brand, or advertising agency or social platform
• Understanding of the social platforms and a passion for social video is crucial: the candidate must be well versed in social ecosystems, evolving algorithms, and what makes content engaging and shareable
• Creative and experimental in their approach to problem-solving
• Relish cross-group collaboration and the ability to quickly build alliances
• Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
• Good energy and a team player. Passion for their work and sharp attention to detail
• Self-motivated and entrepreneurial while navigating a large organization
• A roster of DPs, directors, and creatives
• Production and post-production experience necessary
• Familiarity with design, animation and social video editing tools and techniques is ideal
• An understanding of how to create light-lift productions while adhering to brand quality
- Employment status
Permanent employee (with a probation period of 6 months)
including social insurance payments and transportation expenses
2 days a week (Saturday and Sunday), public holidays and New Year holidays
- 〒150-0002 Osuga Bldg., 2-11-8 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Japan
(10 minutes’ walk from Shibuya Station or Omotesando Station)
- Please apply from here